Thursday, January 22, 2009

Why blog?

First of all, let's get this straight: you don't want to be here. You want to be over here with my Superhero wife. You'll hear about the same people, places and things, but from someone who knows how to write, and from someone you'll like much better. Trust me, if you met us as a couple, you'd like her, and find me kind of aloof and you'd think I don't like you.

That being said, if you're still reading, let me tell you a little bit of why I wanted to start a blog and what you might find here if you tune back in from time to time.

My life is full. I don't just mean that I have a lot to do and not much free time; it's that my day to day existence is packed full of thoughts, feelings, opinions, events, people, responsibilities and combinations thereof. I want to have a record of all the things that are going on through this part of my life so I can remember them later. Most likely I'll find myself looking back and remembering what I dope I was back when I was 27, but nonetheless I'll enjoy giving my 47-year old self a pat on the back at how far I've come.

For instance, life at home has gotten way easier over the past year or so, compared to the preceding 3 years. I'm still a lot busier than you. I have 4 little boys in a 1600 sq. foot house that make conversation impossible about half the time. But, consider that the 4 of them will get out a board game on a Saturday morning and give The Superhero and I a half hour to ourselves with coffee in bed to start the day. I want to look back and remember this transition.

I also have lots of thoughts and opinions. Lots of them. I know everyone does too, but I really think mine are actually smart and right. See, I told you you wouldn't like me. Not only do I want to remember of these as they evolve, but I'd love to get feedback on them as well. Lots of them are difficult to share with the outside world, sometimes because the subject is sensitive, and sometimes because I think about things that are so utterly boring that I can only get The Superhero to listen to me. And then only by promising to make it quick, and possibly also by promising coffee in bed on some upcoming weekend morning.

So welcome! I sincerely hope you find something that piques your interest here. Otherwise, no need to worry, I'm sure you'll find something else to your liking on the internet.

2 comments:

  1. Your thoughts are boring. And dorky. And you should bring me coffee in bed to listen to them. It will help me stay awake while you talk.

    I mean.... uh.....

    No. I meant exactly what I just wrote.

    Love you!

    P.S. Pictures. Even if the subject is boring, cute pictures make people happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I wish my husband would start a blog. I also wish he brought me coffee in bed AND it wouldn't end in me being scalded by one of the kids bounding in. But! On the Superhero's recommendation (via her post) I did buy "Don't Wake Daddy" and it has brought my people many hours of joy so far. So, thanks for that, Superhero Clan. And welcome to blogworld!

    ReplyDelete